Terms and Conditions
1. The property, known as ‘Le Verger du Barrail’, in future known as ‘the Property’ is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs R Hubbard-Davies (the Owner) to the renter (the Client). The Client accepts this agreement and is liable for the behaviour of all the individuals who are at the property during the holiday period.
2. RESERVATION REQUEST To request to reserve the property the client should read & accept the conditions of this booking form and and pay a non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due) (or for bookings within 10 weeks of holiday start – the full balance & security deposit is due). Following receipt & acceptance of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is formal acceptance of the booking. It is strongly recommended that the Client does not book flights until acceptance of the booking.
3. RENTAL PAYMENT The balance of the rent is payable not less than twelve weeks before the start date of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within ten weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled with the Owner before departure.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT A security deposit of £500 for the rental period is required to be paid (via UK bank transfer) with the balance, ten weeks prior to holiday commencement in order for the booking to be definitive. This deposit is to be used in case of damage to the property or its contents, or the property being left in an unsatisfactory state of cleanliness. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. CANCELLATION, damage & insurance Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in event of cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to relet the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client agrees to ensure that each member of the party is covered by a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, damage to property, public liability etc since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
7. We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your Booking. If we cancel your Booking, we will refund you any fees you have already paid to us. However, we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance).
8. CHECK IN & CHECK OUT The rental period shall commence at 1600hours on the first day and finish at 0930hours on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Late departure will be charged at £100 per 30 minute period, or part thereof.
9. OCCUPANCY Only guests listed on the Booking Form are permitted at the property. The maximum number to reside in the Property is as listed on the Booking Form must never exceed 14 (all ages, including babies). Guests over and above this number are not permitted. The Client is not authorised to allow additional guests, above and beyond the number on the booking form, to visit the property, unless by specific written authorisation of the owner.
10. SPA The swim spa is open from 1000hours to 2200hours daily. Strictly over 18s only (as listed on the booking form) can be admitted to the spa room. The Client will replace covers after each spa usage.
11. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition, as found, at the end of the rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning cost if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
12. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
13. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool; for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of the Client’s negligence, adverse weather conditions, flood, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
14. WIFI A domestic internet service is accessible free of charge for the exclusive use of the Client. It is not available in all rooms of Le Verger and is a non-guaranteed service. It does not support multiple simultaneous usage, streaming or downloading. Guests are required to provide their own devices to access the internet service. By signing this agreement the Client and other people at the Property, rented in the Client’s name, undertake not to use the wifi to access any illegal sites, carry out any illegal activities or sell goods via Ebay or other sites for trading and auctions. The Client will also not use it for file-sharing or to download or play computer games, music, films or TV. The Client understands that the Owner will co-operative with the Authorities (The authorities register the date/time of any infractions) and will pass on the Client’s contact details in the event of any infringement or suspected infringement. Furthermore, the Client will indemnify the Owner against any or all claims made against the Owner as a result of the Client’s unauthorised use of the internet access provided by The Owner.
15. SWIMMING POOL is heated and open April to September inclusive. The Client agrees to replace the pool cover back over the pool, to conserve heat/evaporation, at the end of each day. Pool temperature achieved is subject to weather conditions.
16. Some hours of central heating are included, according to external temperatures, and further hours are available for an additional cost, if required.
17. Water, gas and electricity are included in the rental cost, subject to reasonable use.
18. Towels and bed linen are provided and will be changed weekly for bookings of 14 nights or more.
19. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
20. The owner is not liable for any bank charges incurred by your bank.
I have read and agreed the above Terms and Conditions on behalf of everyone in my party